Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) is assistance for business owners, self-employed, independent contractors who are out of work. This funding is not a loan.
Facts of the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
Who is eligible?
Eligibility may vary state to state. Please refer to your state’s employment website for updated information.
Anyone who are business owners, self-employed, independent contractors, have limited work history, and others not usually eligible for regular state UI bene!ts who are out of business or services are significantly reduced as a direct result of the pandemic
Items needed to apply for PUA
- Proof of Citizenship
- Employment history from the last 18 months, including the name of the company or companies. Dates of employment, hours worked per week, gross wages, hourly rate, and the reason you are no longer working.
- Specific information from your last employer or company. Including mailing address, phone number, supervisor’s name.
- If you worked for the government or in the military you may qualify as well.
When do I expect to get my benefit paymentys?
- Typically will take about a week after you certify before you receive your first benefit payment.
- If you have an existing EDD Debit card it may only take two days to start receiving benefits.