The IRS has announced that the interest rates applicable to overpayments and underpayments of federal taxes is lower in the third quarter of 2019 compared with the rates in the second quarter of the year (Rev. Rul. 2019-15). The rates are:
- 5% for overpayments by individuals and other noncorporate taxpayers
- 4% for overpayments by corporations
- 2.5% for the portion of a corporate overpayment exceeding $10,000;
- 5% for underpayments; and
- 7% for large corporate underpayments
Note: The IRS also announced the blended rate for 2019, which is used to figure imputed interest on below market demand loans outstanding for the entire year (Rev. Rul. 2019-16). The blended rate is 2.42%.
Source : JK Lasser Posts >> Tax News